Tuesday, September 6, 2011

a leaf's lugubrious lot

yes autumn is impeccable, yes autumn is great
but for a frailty like my kind, what is my fate
will i stand here audcious and overconfidently
or will the angst of my jaundiced self, get the best of me



i look down beneath me and see my kaleidoscopic friends
and wait for winter to end the ludicrous trend
i oscillate in the wind watching the myriad of leaves
and wonder if anyone else, sees what i see



they seemed to be having fun, simply carefree
unconcerned, nonchalant, dancing effervescently
it didnt seem too tragic then, this falling to the ground
they laughed so ecstatically, though they didnt make a sound



the wind started picking up, all of a sudden
it was time for me to sail, just like Aladdin
the anticipation was over and it was done
before i knew it the antic had begun



i landed slow and elegantly, on the dirt
back to the tree, i would never revert
i lay there speechless, filled with disbelief
but i assumed this was normal for
a freshly fallen leaf(:

No comments:

Post a Comment